Arduino CNC Shield V3.51 – GRBL Compatible
The Arduino CNC Shield v3.51 plate, is a Shield plate for the control of small or medium CNC machines.
It can control up to 4 stepper motors and has all the necessary connections to connect limit switches, relay outputs and PWM outputs to control the spindle or laser.
It is fully compatible with the GRBL control firmware and can be used with any Arduino model, although it is recommended to use a model of the Arduino UNO or Arduino Leonardo type.
It is designed to insert 4 drivers for stepper, type DRV8825 or similar.
It is a suitable plate for the control of NEMA 17 stepper motors or small NEMA 23 motors up to a maximum of 2.5A with cooling.
Characteristics of the Arduino CNC Shield V3.51
- Compatible with GRBL 0.9 and later.
- 4-axis support (X, Y, Z, A – You can duplicate X, Y, Z or make a complete 4th axis with custom firmware using pins A4 and A3)
- 2 connections for limit switches for each axis (6 in total)
- Output “Spindle enable” and “direction”
- Output “Coolant enable”
- PWM output for speed control of the spindle or laser
- Compatible with Pololu A4988 and DRV8825
- Jumpers for micro-stepping control (Drivers like the DRV8825 support up to 1/32 for more precision)
- Compact design
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4-pin Molex type terminals
- Power: 12-36V DC. (Depending on the drivers used)
NOTE: The board does not include the stepper drivers (Pololus, DRV8825) nor the Arduino UNO microcontroller board or similar.