The RAMPS v1.4 (RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield ) is a shield or additional board designed for the Arduino Mega, which transfers digital commands to power commands for the actuators . Badge compact (all- in-one) in which all electronic components , both power and control , a 3D printer is connected directly . You can select from different sets of sockets , connectors and pins , all clearly identified on the plate . In addition to the RAMPS board , you can add expansion cards to Arduino .
In summary, RAMPS v1.4 board is the heart of most of the RepRap 3D printers. It is a plate with a nice clean design that can integrate all electronic systems in a 3D printer in one compact space, so that the assembly and connection of components is clear and simple.
The board is high quality, it comes fully assembled, with all pins soldiers with MOSFET heatsink in the heating base and a very clear and complete silk screen printing.
• Expandable to control other accessories.
• 3 MOSFET outputs for heating / fan and 3-circuit thermistor.
• Fused 5A for additional protection of components.
• Control of the heated bed with additional 11A fuse .
• You can connect up to 5 Pololu ( stepper driver cards )
• It has 5 sockets , in which is inserted Pololu drivers so they can be easily replaced
• It has I2C and SPI pins for future expansion .
• All MOSFETs are hooked into the PWM connectors for versatility .
• pin type connectors are used to connect the endstop , motors and LEDs. These connectors are prepared to 3A,
• You can add a SD card reader
• LEDs operating Hotbed
For further information please see the following links: